Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Close or quality???
Take a product such as olive oil. Really good quality olive oil is often made in Italy but if you live in America then should you buy your olive oil locally even though it probably won’t be as good as if you bought it from Italy? or should you buy it from Italy where you know that ingredients are being grown in their natural environment and that it will be the best of the best?
I think that this is a really difficult question because you are are having to choose between two very important things - quality and eco-friendlyness/localness. If I were a customer facing this decision I think that I would probably try to find a local product that was up to scratch, and the few products that I couldn’t find locally I would buy from a company that I was sure made good quality, fair trade products.







1 comment: